New Student Information Packet and Contract - Adult (TN Residents)
The Adult Learner policies for Pineapple Music Studio, Inc. are as follows:
1. Lessons will be conducted in the student’s home.
2. Students should have all their necessary materials on hand for each lesson. The practice/lesson space should be a quiet, distraction free space.
3. Students who practice regularly enjoy lessons more! Students are expected to have a regular time each day to practice.
- Your tuition covers your weekly lesson as well as:
- Two all-studio recitals a year (Fall and Spring) as well as other community performance opportunities.
- Teacher lesson preparation and travel time
- Access to online resources such as our suggested online composition software, Noteflight and select lesson videos.
- Convenient and secure online billing through Wave, by credit card or bank draft.
2. All tuition payments are due on the 1st of each month. If your tuition is received after the 4th of the month, a $15 late fee will be applied. This fee will also apply to any declined credit card payments. Also, out of consideration for our teachers, if payment in full is not received by the 15th of the month, lessons will be suspended until tuition (plus the late fee) is received.
3. Any credits that need to be applied due to a teacher cancelling a lesson will be available on the following month’s invoice.
4. Your teacher will work with your student to determine the books that are needed. You may go out and purchase them yourself, or have your teacher place an order with Pineapple Music. You will be charged a $2.00 handling fee per book. Book purchases will be billed with your tuition invoice.
5. If you should choose to discontinue lessons for some reason, you must give your teacher and the studio a full month of notice before stopping lessons by sharing your intentions when you send in your final month’s payment at the beginning of that month or you will be charged a $50 retainer fee that goes directly to the teacher.
Cancelled or Missed Lessons:
1. Cancelled or missed lessons will not be credited. Because specific times are set aside for specific students, a student who does not attend a lesson will simply miss the benefit of that lesson. Please be assured that your tuition pays for far more than just the time your teacher spends with your child. There are no refunds, discounts or make-ups given unless your teacher is unable to teach the promised number of lessons.
2. Illness: If you are unable to keep your scheduled lesson time due to illness, you may set up a cyber lesson with your teacher. Make-ups for illness or emergencies can also be made up during one of our studio breaks of Thanksgiving or Easter. You may schedule to make up one missed lesson with your teacher each semester.
3. Weather/COVID-19 Cancellations: Lesson cancellations due to outside circumstances will be made up using a cyber lesson.
4. COVID-19 Policy: The studio reserves the right to move to cyber lessons at their discretion for the safety of their families and teachers.
1. The months of June, July and August will be pro-rated weekly. Your monthly tuition will be based on a form you will be sent at the end of the previous month.
2. In order to maintain your preferred time slot in your teacher’s schedule over the summer, you must take at least two lessons a month. If you should choose to take off 3 or more lessons in one month, you may secure your time slot by paying a $50 retainer fee (per student, per month). This fee will be passed on directly to the teacher. If you choose not to hold your spot with this fee, please be advised that it may be filled. If this is the case, it may become necessary for you to move to another time slot, another teacher, or a waiting list and you will be subject to any tuition increases applicable to new families.
Studio Breaks and Holidays:
Pineapple Music Studio will be closed for the following breaks and holidays:
• Labor Day (First Monday of September- this class is made up the Monday of our Thanksgiving Break)
• Thanksgiving Break (Week leading up to Thanksgiving)
• Winter Break (Week between Christmas and New Year’s)
• Spring Break (Week leading up to Easter)
• Memorial Day (Last Monday of May- this class is made up the Monday of our Easter Break)
• Independence Day (July 4th)
No regular lessons will be taught on these days. This allows our students and teachers to spend time away and with their families. These lessons will not be made up at another time except for the two Monday-only holidays. Because of our tuition policy, there are several 5-week months that balance out the three breaks we take during the year.
Stay Up To Date!
Be sure to informed about all upcoming events by reading our quarterly e-newsletter, liking our Facebook page or checking out our website! Don’t forget you can earn FREE lessons by telling your friends about us!